Dr. Prashant Ponda received his medical degree from the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn. After completing an internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center, Dr. Ponda went on to complete a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. Dr. Ponda is board-certified in both Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Ponda is the recipient of many distinctive awards and honors, including membership in the Leo M. Davidoff Society for Outstanding Achievement in the Teaching of Medical Students. He has authored a number of papers in prestigious publications including: Nature Reviews Immunology, Nature Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, Journal of Autoimmunity, and Current Molecular Medicine. In addition he is the first author on the topic card for common variable immunodeficiency in UpToDate. He has also been consistently selected, through competitive application processes, to attend a number of important meetings including: the WHO/IUIS meeting, summer school in Primary Immune Deficiency Diseases, and Primary Immune Deficiency Consortium. He also peer-reviews manuscripts submitted for publication to The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology , the top-ranked allergy journal in the world. He is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI) and the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI).
Dr. Ponda sees both pediatric and adult patients for evaluation and treatment of a wide variety of allergic and immunologic disorders including asthma, eczema, hayfever, and sinusitis. In addition, he has special expertise in the diagnosis and management of food allergy and immune deficiency due to his work at the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute and Jeffrey Modell Center for Clinical Immunology, both located in New York City.
If you are interested in making an appointment with Dr.Prashant Ponda, or would like more information from one of our staff specialists, please call our office:New Windsor - 845-562-0760
Fishkill - 845-896-1809
Hospital Privileges: St. Lukes Cornwall Hospital
Scan this barcode on your
smartphone or mobile device
to bookmark Dr. Prashant Ponda's page:
• ENT & Allergy Associates, Dr. Prashant Ponda, MD allergist in Fishkill/Newburgh is interviewed by Renee Lobo on ITV,
• A Lifesaving Partnership,
• Hudson Valley big on allergies,
• Eat Out Without Distress,
• Should Parents Delay Solid Foods and Is There a Link Between That and Allergies?,
• Allergies blow in on early spring warmth
• ENT and Allergy Associates Intensifies Effort to Fulfill $175,000 commitment for June 10th Hope Lodge Luncheon will raise a total ENTA Philanthropic Efforts to near $500,000,
• ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP® Physicians and Administrators To Speak at The American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2011 Annual Meeting