Dr. Shawn C. Ciecko is an Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose and Throat / Head and Neck Surgeon). He graduated from the University of Rochester and attended the University at Buffalo School of Medicine. He completed both internship in General Surgery and residency in Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at the Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Ciecko spent two years as Duke’s chief resident in Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery. He has received several honors in his career including Duke Hospital’s consultant of the year in 2006. He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society and is currently a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Ciecko is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and has a special interest in thyroid surgery. He performs ultrasound guided biopsies for thyroid nodules in the office and was Co-director of the 2010 Long Island College Hospital’s Head and Neck Symposium on Thyroid disease.
Dr. Ciecko is the Founder and President of ISMS-Team ENT. This international surgical mission group travels yearly on missions around the world for those in need. Visit ISMS-Team ENT's website to learn more: http://ismission.org/ent-team.
Dr. Ciecko’s interests are in adult and pediatric ENT, advanced endoscopic sinus surgery, head and neck cancer surgery with a focus in thyroid and parathyroid surgery and obstructive sleep apnea. He is currently a clinical instructor at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn and operates at Richmond University Medical Center in Staten Island.
If you are interested in making an appointment with Dr.Shawn Ciecko, or would like more information from one of our staff specialists, please call our office:Staten Island - 718-370-0072
Hospital Privileges: SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Richmond University Medical Center, Long Island College Hospital
Scan this barcode on your
smartphone or mobile device
to bookmark Dr. Shawn C. Ciecko's page:
• Invasive fungal rhinitis caused by Paecilomyces lilacinus infection: Report of a case and a novel treatment,
• A Lifesaving Partnership,
• Shawn Ciecko MD - Hyperthyroidism,
• Shawn Ciecko MD: The Diagnosis and Treatment of Thyroid Nodules,
• Shawn Ciecko MD: A Wake-up Call for Those with Sleep Apnea
• ENT and Allergy Associates signs its newest physician in Staten Island,
• ENT and Allergy Associates Intensifies Effort to Fulfill $175,000 commitment for June 10th Hope Lodge Luncheon will raise a total ENTA Philanthropic Efforts to near $500,000,
• ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP® Physicians and Administrators To Speak at The American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery 2011 Annual Meeting