Advanced Practice Institute of Laryngology
at the Voice & Swallowing Center
Recent advances in office-based laryngology and esophagology have resulted in a medical "perfect storm." Office-based procedures have been developed that result in enhanced patient safety, greater physician practice efficiency and improved coordination with insurance companies.
These procedures are TransNasal Esophagoscopy (TNE), Transnasal Flexible Laryngoscopy with Biopsy (TFL bx) and Flexible Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing with Sensory Testing (FEESST). The opportunity to observe these procedures in an actual clinical setting in the past has been rare.
The New York APIL (Advanced Practice Institute of Laryngology) Program at the Voice and Swallowing Center in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Columbia University, now offers a one-day interactive observational program designed to give attendees exposure to a wide range of state of the art office-based procedures.
Details of the program:
Included in this day long interactive clinical program for each attendee are the following:
- Discussion of indications for each procedure (TNE, TFL Bx, FEESST).
- Implementation of procedures into practice.
Emphasis on endoscopic anatomy of nose and larynx.
- Detailed templates for the procedures- located on a USB-based finger drive (attendees keep this)
- Discussion of coding
- Two books, Atlas of Transnasal Esophagoscopy (Postma, Belafsky, Aviv), and FEESST (Aviv & Murry) for each attendee
- Certificate of Attendance
The program does not currently have any upcoming sessions scheduled. For more information, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org