News & Press
ENT and Allergy Strengthens its Long Term-Strategy & Operations with Corporate Restructuring
08/07/2018 in news
Tarrytown, N.Y. (August 6, 2018) – ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP (ENTA), the largest Ear, Nose, Throat, Allergy and Audiology practice in the nation, announced changes to its senior leadership team effective September 1, 2018. This reorganization is aligned with the company’s priorities for future growth and will keep the organization on track for continued success in both the near and distant future. The group anticipates that their clinicians will serve over 1 million patient visits in calendar year 2019.
ENTA strongly believes in providing a work environment to nurture employees and promote from within the organization. Retaining valuable employees is a core belief of ENTA, and is a cornerstone for the success the practice has enjoyed. These promotions and restructuring will undoubtedly lead to continued prosperity for ENT and Allergy Associates. In the ever-changing medical field, it is important to be proactive as opposed to reactive, and this structure will enable ENTA to continue to set the tone for the industry.
On the heels of renewing contracts for CEO Robert Glazer and CFO Arthur Schwacke, and with ENTA celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, the practice will further strengthen its executive team by promoting two Senior Directors to Officer positions.
Drew Franklin, currently Senior Director for Business Development, who has been with the practice since 2006, has been promoted to Chief Strategy Officer. In this new role, Mr. Franklin will oversee several divisions within the practice including Marketing, Business Development, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Audiology, Managed Care Contracting, and Clinical Research Affiliations. His team also assists the CEO with provider recruitment, physician onboarding, mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Franklin holds an M.B.A. from the NYU Stern School of Business and an undergraduate degree from Franklin & Marshall College.
Aviah Cohen Pierson, who has been ENTA’s General Counsel and Senior Director of Human Resources since 2013, has been promoted to Chief Legal Officer. Ms. Pierson will oversee and manage the important areas of human resources, corporate governance, risk management, profit-sharing management, and healthcare regulatory affairs. Ms. Pierson will see a larger role in the management of ENTA’s Medical Malpractice Risk Retention Group – OASIS, RRG. Ms. Pierson received her J.D. from the Fordham University School of Law, where she was a member of the Fordham Law Review. She received her B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, where she graduated summa cum laude.
With these two C-suite promotions, ENTA will have four senior officers reporting directly to Mr. Glazer. Mr. Schwacke will remain as CFO and Nicole Monti-Spaddacini, who has been with the practice since its founding, will remain as Chief Operating Officer.
Beyond the C-suite, ENTA is also bolstering its senior management and mid-level management teams. These changes were made after a great deal of thought and consideration, and are geared towards improving the practices capabilities and efficiencies as an organization. Most changes will go into effect as of September 1, 2018, and the practice is particularly pleased to announce that the majority of these changes involve promotions from within the company’s own ranks.
Details pertaining to the new management structure are below:
Legal/Human Resources/Risk Management:
- Eric Saidel, Director of Human Resources, will be promoted to Senior Director of Human Resources & Partner Retirement Benefits
- Nicole Levy, Human Resources Manager, will be promoted to Assistant Director of Human Resources as of January 1, 2019
- Sharon Poli, Credentialing and Medical Malpractice Specialist, will be promoted to Assistant Manager of Malpractice and Risk Management
Business Development / Marketing / Audiology:
- Jason Campbell, Assistant Director of Marketing and Special Events, will be promoted to Director of Marketing and Business Development
- Michael Komendowski, Business Development Analyst, will be promoted to Senior Business Development Analyst
- Eli Sobylak, Business Development Analyst, will be promoted to Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Information Systems Developers, Keith Napierski and Frank Russolello, currently part of the Information Technology Team, will also join the Business Development/Business Intelligence Team
- Sara Lerner, Audiology Clinical Manager, will be promoted to Assistant Director of Clinical Audiology and Speech
- Marvalee Pottinger, Audiology Operations Manager, will be promoted to Assistant Director of Audiology Operations
- John Monreal, PRRC Director, will be promoted to Senior Director of PRRC and Purchasing
- Joe Shannon, PRRC Senior Manager, will be promoted to Assistant Director of PRRC
- Heather Lisa, Regional Operations Manager (NJ), will be promoted to Assistant Director of Operations
Finance / Information Technology:
- Margaret Hargrove, Director of Central Billing Operations, will be promoted to Senior Director of Central Billing Operation
- Anthony Venuto, IT Field Tech Manager, will be promoted to Director of IT
- George Hnatiw, IT Manager, will be promoted to Assistant Director of IT
Robert Glazer, ENTA’s CEO, stated, “We are thrilled to announce that the ENTA Board of Trustees has approved a series of changes to the Management Team that will provide for continued growth and improvement for our practice in years to come. These changes were made after a great deal of thought and consideration, and are geared towards improving our capabilities and efficiencies as an organization. Working together, our clinical and administrative teams have faced numerous challenges and seized important opportunities to advance the depth and breadth of our organization. We have always tried to invest our resources in the right people, the right locations, the right systems, the right equipment and the success of these efforts is evident for all to see."
Robert Green, MD, President of ENTA, added, “We believe that this new alignment of our corporate structure will not only benefit ENTA immediately, but will strengthen the foundation of our organization for many years down the line. The health care industry is in a constant state of flux, and we believe that this streamlined corporate structure will allow us to continue our mission of providing the highest quality medical care to the communities we serve."
To learn more about the benefits of ENT and Allergy Associates, find the office near you or book an appointment, please download our app "ENT and Allergy Associates", or visit www.entandallergy.com or call call 1-855-ENTA-DOC.
About ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP:
ENT and Allergy has over 200 physicians practicing in 40+ office locations in Westchester, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Rockland, Nassau and Suffolk counties, New York City and northern/central New Jersey. The practice sees over 80,000 patients per month. Each ENT and Allergy Associates clinical location provides access to a full complement of services, including General Adult and Pediatric ENT and Allergy, Voice and Swallowing, Advanced Sinus and Skull Base Surgery, Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery, Disorders of the Inner Ear and Dizziness, Asthma, Clinical Immunology, Diagnostic Audiology, Hearing Aid dispensing, Sleep and CT Services. ENTA has a clinical alliance with The Mount Sinai Hospital for the treatment of diseases of the head and neck and esophageal cancer, a clinical alliance with the Montefiore Medical Center for the tertiary treatment of pediatric patients in New York City and the Hudson Valley, a clinical alliance with the Northwell Health for the tertiary treatment of pediatric patients in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties and a partnership with the American Cancer Society to educate and treat patients with smoking disorders and cancer. The Practice has also expanded its clinical capabilities to include advanced Immunodeficiency trials. ENT and Allergy Associates Management and Marketing teams have been recognized numerous times with awards and accolades including Health Leaders Media Top Leadership Team in Healthcare, Top Doctor Awards, ACS recognition award, AHAA Audiologist awards, The Westchester County Association Big W Awards and the Healthcare Marketing Report Healthcare Advertising Awards.