Peter Ashman, MD
About Peter Ashman, MD
Please note that Dr. Peter Ashman is now seeing patients at our brand new, state-of-the-art clinical facility located at 150 East 58th Street, New York, NY, 10155.
Dr. Peter Ashman completed his undergraduate studies at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA, where he graduated magna cum laude with a major in Biochemistry, receiving numerous honors and awards for his academic performance including graduating Phi Beta Kappa. He then went on to complete his medical degree at FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine in Miami, FL where he graduated first in his class, scoring in the 99th percentile on his board examinations. Dr. Ashman completed his residency training in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Rutgers-NJMS where he was regarded as a respected teacher and leader in the program serving as Administrative Chief Resident.
Throughout his training, he has been awarded for his dedication to clinical care with an emphasis on compassionate care. Dr. Ashman has numerous peer-reviewed publications and chapters in textbooks with topics including otologic manifestations of systemic disorders and research involving cochlear implantation which he has presented at national meetings. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and was elected to the AOA Medical Honor Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society.
Dr. Ashman treats all Ear, Nose and Throat disorders in children and adults including providing sinus surgery, removal of thyroid and neck masses, repair of ear drum perforations and the removal of vocal cord lesions.
In the News:
- How to Get Rid of Phlegm, According to Doctors (Prevention.com)
- How to Soothe a COVID Sore Throat — Fast (Good Housekeeping)
- 11 Expert-Recommended Remedies to Soothe a Sore Throat from COVID (Good Housekeeping)
- Dry Throat? Here's What Your Body's Trying to Tell You (LIVESTRONG.com)
- You Definitely Want To Have Oscillo On Hand This Flu Season (The Vitamin Shoppe)
- What You Need to Know About the Upcoming Flu Season (WellDefined.com)
- Dry Throat? Below’s What Your Body’s Attempting to Inform You (StreamPress)
- Flu Season Help (Star Cares with Michael Leach: A Public Affairs Podcast - 99.1FM Radio)
- Itchy Nose? Here's What Your Body's Trying to Tell You (Livestrong.com)
- FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- Otolaryngology, Rutgers Medical School